Q: What are Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles?A: Take all of the things that make a Nissan a great new vehicle – the style, the performance and the features. Add in the confidence of a thorough inspection, a CARFAX Vehicle History Report and a 7 year/100,000 mile limited warranty. The result is a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, one of the best Pre-Owned values in the market place. Check out our Nissan Certified Pre-Owned benefits page to learn more.
Q: Can all Nissans be Certified?A: No. Only vehicles that meet Nissan's high standards for quality qualify for Nissan Certified Pre-Owned status. They must be less than six years old from the new car in-service date, with less than 80,000 miles on the odometer. Plus they must have a clean, non-branded title and, most important, pass a comprehensive 167 point Nissan Certified Pre-Owned inspection
Q: Where can I purchase a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?A: Nissan Certified Pre-Owned are sold only through participating Nissan dealerships. Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicles have a Factory Backed Limited Warranty that can only be offered by a Nissan dealer.
Q: Where is the closest Nissan Certified Pre-Owned dealer located?A: Click HERE to find a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned dealer on the Search Inventory page of the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned website.
Q: How do I know which vehicles in a Nissan dealer's inventory are Nissan Certified Pre-Owned?A: Look for the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned label in the window of the vehicle. Once you’ve seen the Window label you can be assured you’re going to receive the exclusive benefits of the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned program.
Q: What exactly happens when a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is inspected?A: All Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicles must pass a 167 point comprehensive inspection. This inspection must be completed by a Nissan-trained technician. A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is provided along with a complete Nissan service history review. All reconditioning must be done with Nissan approved parts. Only upon completion of this rigorous inspection process can it be labeled a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
Q: What is a CARFAX Vehicle History Report?A: The CARFAX Vehicle History Report is used by Pre-Owned car buyers, sellers and the automotive industry. CARFAX created the Vehicle History Report in 1986 and maintains a large vehicle title history database comprised of over 10 billion vehicle records from over 34,000 sources.
- What is the Nissan CARFAX Three-year Buyback Guarantee? Every Certified Pre-Owned Nissan vehicle comes with a three-year CARFAX Buyback Guarantee. If the report does not include an existing DMV issued branded title (such as salvaged, fire or flood damage, or odometer problems), CARFAX may buy it back for full purchase price. Poof that CARFAX stands behind the information they provide to Nissan Certified Pre-Owned buyers.
Q: What is covered by the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned 7 Year/100,000 mile Limited Warranty?A: The Nissan CPO 7-Year/100,000 Mile Limited Warranty lasts 7 years from the original new car in-service date of the vehicle or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, and covers over 600 components including engine, transmission and drive train.
- Engine: Cylinder heads and block and all internal parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valve train and front cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds and turbocharger, flywheel, seals and gaskets.
- Transmission and Transfer Case: Case and all internal parts, torque converter and converter housing, automatic transmission control module, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, and electronic transmission controls.
- Drivetrain: Drive shafts, final drive housing and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, bearings, seals and gaskets.
- Deductible: Repairs covered under this Warranty are subject to a deductible of $100 per visit.
- Replacement Parts: Replacement of any part will be made with a new or remanufactured replacement part manufactured by or for Nissan for use on Nissan vehicles. If a part is not available from Nissan, Nissan may authorize an outside sourced part of like and kind and quality to be used in the repair.
Q: What additional benefits are included with a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle?A: Nissan has you covered all day, every day.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: 24 hours a day and 7 days per week, Nissan Emergency Roadside Assistance provides flat tire change out with your good spare, dead battery jump or lock-out assistance for the duration of the 7 year/100,000 mile limited warranty.
- Towing Assistance: Up to $100 towing assistance. If necessary, we’ll even tow your car to the nearest Nissan dealer within 250 miles.
- Car Rental Reimbursement: Up to 5 days car rental reimbursement at a maximum of $35 per day for the mechanical breakdown of covered components.
- Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty – Ownership Transferability: The Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is transferable from the retail customer to one subsequent private owner (private party to private party) for the duration of the warranty period. Click HERE to download a copy of the form.
- Trip Interruption Coverage: If a mechanical breakdown of a covered part takes place when you are more than 100 miles from home, you’ll be covered for up to $500 for meals, lodging and alternative transportation.
- Sirius XM Free Trial: All Nissan CPO vehicles equipped with satellite radio will receive a free 3-month trial of Sirius XM. Hear over 140 channels of music, talk and sports while you enjoy your new ride.
Q: Are there options for additional extended warranty protection?A: Yes. The Nissan Security Plus Extended Protection Plan covers more than 1,500 components. Combined with the over 600 components already covered by the Certified Limited Warranty and you benefit from over 2,100 covered components.
- Additional Components: Security Plus Extended Protection Plan includes: electrical, audio/video/navigation, suspension, steering, climate control system and brakes.
- Terms: Two available options are 7 year/100,000 miles or 8 years/120,000 miles.
- Deductible: $0 deductible for any covered repair.
Q: Does Nissan provide any special financing or offers for Certified Pre-Owned Nissan vehicles?A: Yes! Nissan dealers have access to Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) which offers great rates and offers for Nissan Certified Pre-Owned shoppers. Be sure to take a look at the current Nissan Certified Pre-Owned special offers.
Q: What can I expect upon delivery of my Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle?A: Your Nissan Certified Pre-Owned dealer will present you with the following documents upon delivery of your purchase:
- Warranty Registration Form.
- Signed 167 – point inspection checklist.
- Copy of your CARFAX Vehicle History Report and Three Year Buy Back Guarantee.
- Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Booklet outlining all of your benefits
Q: What else should I know about the Certified Pre-Owned buying process?A: Certified Pre-Owned shopping is a somewhat unique process. Based on our experience we would encourage you to consider the following ideas when shopping for a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
- Dealership traffic is lower volume on weekdays than it is on weekends. If you can, please visit your local Nissan Certified Pre-Owned dealer during the week.
- Nissan Certified Pre-Owned inventory is more fluid than new inventory. When you find a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle which you like in a dealer’s inventory, we encourage you to schedule an appointment to ensure that the vehicle is still in stock and that you receive the most ideal shopping experience.
- New car sales are traditionally heavier at the end of the month. The best of the trade-ins that result from these new car sales are brought into our dealers Nissan Certified Pre-Owned inventory. As a result, Nissan Certified Pre-Owned inventories often contain the highest number of vehicles and the greatest selection earlier in the month.